[haiku-development] Re: address space rwlock issue?

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 16:47:09 +0100

On 2009-03-15 at 16:29:23 [+0100], Jonas Sundström <jonas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> dev.haiku-os.org is down :/
>
> Today´s weirdness:
> (IIRC r29503, gcc2, C2Q 6600)
>
> Bezilla wouldn´t quit or even be killed (IIRC).
> I went to have have a look in ProcessController
> which would not open its popup menu. Shortly there-
> after the mouse stopped responding. So I pressed F12
> and had a look around in KDL:
>
> http://kirilla.se/kdebug.html
>
> Some BeZilla threads, two threads belonging to
> ProcessController and one Terminal thread seem to
> be waiting on an "address space" rwlock.
>
> Is this normal?

Nope.

> Anything odd about this?:
>
> holder: -1
> reader count: 1
> writer count: 2
> owner count: 0
>
> waiting threads: 293/w 259/r 320/r
> 258/w 282/r 351/r 277/r 279/r 267/r
> 278/r 366/r

In principle this looks OK. Someone has the read-lock and two writers and
several readers are queued. It would be interesting to know who has the
read lock and why the owner doesn't release it. There's at least one known
address space locker dead lock problem. Can't get the ticket number, as
Trac doesn't seem to work ATM.

CU, Ingo