[haiku-development] Re: Zydas Wlan

  • From: Urias McCullough <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 12:48:48 -0700

On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 11:24 AM, Niels Reedijk <niels.reedijk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Karl,
>
> On 7 October 2010 20:21, Karl vom Dorff <karlvd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Is it possible to import the zyd wireless driver from FreeBSD to Haiku?
>> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=zyd&apropos=0&sektion=4&manpath=FreeBSD+8.1-RELEASE&format=html
>>
>> I'd like to test a ZD1211 USB stick.
>
> I've been looking at porting this kind of driver (for another
> chipset), but I quickly concluded that it would be very difficult to
> do so. In fact, it would require implementing a compatibility layer
> for the usb interface, which makes a simple import impossible.

Right, I remember asking Colin about USB wifi driver support some time
back, and he indicated that it wouldn't be super easy - since we don't
currently offer a freebsd-compatible USB layer for the drivers to
communicate with...

Too bad, since I believe I have an Atheros-based USB wifi adapter :(

- Urias