[haiku-development] Re: XFS support for Haiku - updates

  • From: looncraz <looncraz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2018 10:03:52 -0500

On 6/2/2018 09:53, Abhinand N wrote:

Hi,

As Adrien suggested, I made dummy functions for few of the hooks. I was able to see that the mount was working in first place, rather than identify_partition, with the help of TRACE. I also made some changes to xfs_super_block and began implementing class Volume. Reading through the codebase of BFS and BTRFS, in the first place, it was a bit difficult to understand what is the bare minimum needed for class Volume. After some time I was able to figure out how xfs.h, Volume.h and Volume.cpp was working together and how class Volume uses the object of xfs_super_block. I created the needed functions in Volume.cpp (that just uses TRACE to log) to understand the working.

Right now Volume::Mount() is returning B_NO_MEMORY. As I saw in BFS, Mount() was making use of DeviceOpener class, which I think I should be implementing next, for the mount to work. Please correct me if I am wrong!

Thanks
Abhi

As an aside... would you be interested in creating a skeleton FS driver?  It would basically be a snapshot of what you're doing now without any support for a specific file system.

I think it would be immensely useful for anyone trying to create file system support later.  If it's added to the Haiku source tree as a test, then it could be maintained and kept up to date with any relevant changes.

--The loon