[haiku-development] Re: Where's the magic with Mail's sigs?

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 15:58:40 +0100

"Humdinger" <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Before clean-updating a Haiku installation, I backup various
> settings.
> Among those Mail's ~/config/settings/Mail/signatures/*. Only, after a
> new image was installed and I copy back these settings, Mail doesn't
> find any signatures at all...
> What's the trick here? And wouldn't it be much easier to manage sigs
> with their filename as sig-title instead of a _signature attribute?

Mail finds its signatures via queries - that's a completely dumb usage
of queries, but it's the way it works right now (alongside the Mail
status).
Since it only creates these indexes upon start, they aren't there if
you didn't ever start it before copying those files.
The indexes are called _signature and _status, and you can just use
reindex to solve your problem.
I think we should just fix Mail to not use queries in this case.

Bye,
   Axel.