[haiku-development] Re: Welcome package translations

  • From: Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 13:41:12 +0100

Humdinger schrieb:
Hi guys,

since we're talking translations: Any idea how we'll organize things to keep all the localized versions abreast to the English documentation which will clearly be the mother of all translations?

I guess we'll have a "version.txt" file for every language which holds the revision number of the English docs that was used for the translation. Then, regularly, but at the latest when the English files are frozen for an upcoming release, you can make a diff against that revision to see what's all changed in the original, and then translate these changes.

I have no experience in that area, but that's what I came up with.
Any better ideas?

Sounds like it could work. :-)

Best regards,
-Stephan