[haiku-development] Re: Weird Bootscript scripting problem

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 21:20:32 +0200

On 2009-04-22 at 21:00:39 [+0200], Vincent Duvert <vincent.duvert@xxxxxxx>
wrote:
> It would be safer to use something like this :
>
> alert  'Do you wish to run the Installer or continue booting to the
> Desktop?' 'Installer' 'Desktop'
> if [ $? -eq 0 ]; then
>     # Start installer here...
> else
>     # Start Desktop here...
> fi
>
> ($? = 0 if the first button was pressed, 1 for the second and 2 for the
> third)

Thanks a lot, this works more reliable when there is some debug output
interfering! Can you explain what the difference is between putting the
strings for the alert within '' or ""?

> By the way, why not put the safe mode boot process in another script ?
> The main Bootscript would be cleaner...

Yeah, good point. But for now, I will try to stick to the problem of
launching the Installer. It's really easy to get side-tracked without focus
otherwise... :-D

Best regards,
-Stephan