[haiku-development] Re: Vim episodes. V. Editors "Pact"?

  • From: Siarzhuk Zharski <zharik@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 22:44:33 +0200

Axel Dörfler wrote:
Siarzhuk Zharski <zharik@xxxxxx> wrote:
Well, I need a conclusion - should I spend my time to upgrading "embedded" Haiku vim to "7.2-tiny" and purging out its runtime files or not? :-)
I think we would want to remove vim from our repository in any way, so we should provide an optional package for it. And then, I would like to have the option for a tiny vim that does not include all that 20 MB runtime files.
Just for information: I have tried to build and install all those configurations and found that complete 20 megabytes set of runtime files installed in any case. Only size of compiled binary is differ for different configurations. So we have to purge unused parts manually in dependency of disabled features. To do this work I have to know the goal of making such tiny distribution. In case vim will be removed from the repository anyway and we will have optional package with full featured port - for what we need those "tiny package"? By the way any customized configuration of vim can be build from the sources at any time in usual way.

MfG,
 S.Zharski.