[haiku-development] Re: Vector Icons help...?

  • From: pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 23:22:01 -0800

On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 04:40:30PM -0800, I wrote:
> OK, I'm lost again... (:-/)
>
> I sort of assumed that as Icon-O-Matic created rdef files, and rdef byte
> arrays are used for supplying BeOS-type icon data, that to make the
> midi_server supply a vector icon, all I had to do was put the array
> from the rdef file into the message that it places in the endpoint
> (without the bitmap creation step) and use BIconUtils::GetVectorIcon()
> on that data at the other end to get a bitmap.  However, GetVectorIcon
> just tells me that the data should be a "flat icon"!  I can find nothing
> about converting rdef into flat icon...

And now I'm even more baffled...  I just looked at Philippe's new mods to
midi_server, and he does almost *exactly* what I tried, except that he
is using GetVectorIcon locally (on the same rdef data), and apparently
it works just as I thought it would!  (He puts the raw data into the
message, too, just as I was, but it isn't actually used by anyone else
yet.)

I suppose I did something stupid, but I checked that what I was receiving
in the message appeared to be correct.  I'll reinvestigate tomorrow.

(BTW, GetVectorIcon didn't actually say what I reported above -- it
gave two error messages [that I don't have handy) which seemed to indicate
-- with looking at the IconUtils source -- that it needed a flattened
message.)

-- Pete --