[haiku-development] Re: Unload network driver

  • From: "Adrian Panasiuk" <adek336@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 19:41:33 +0000

~> ifconfig /dev/net/broadcom570x/0 down
~> ifconfig
loop
/dev/net/broadcom570x/0
    hardware type, stuff, inet addr: 192.168.1.101 ....

Shouldn't downing the interface clear the IP?
Linux, which I'm more familliar with, isn't it so that it doesn't
delete the device when all it's interfaces are downed. How would I up
the interfaces after that?

Also, when I checked with adding some debugging information, ifconfig
--delete didn't unload the driver, I had to touch the driver file to
make it unload, which also happened to crash the system.

Regards,
Adrian.

--
Czy ty orzeł, czy ty kawka? -wkrótce zdłabi kaszel, czkawka.
Śmierć szyję zaszyje.