[haiku-development] Re: USB device not showing up...

  • From: Luposian <luposian@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 12:36:28 -0700

On 2008-04-10 at 20:45:09 [+0200], Luposian <luposian@xxxxxxx> wrote:
If these two questions don't really belong here, just let me know and
I'll be sure to post them where directed.  If cross-posting, however,
is frowned upon, that might cause more problems...

I downloaded the latest build of Haiku from Haiku-os.org and noticed
that Haiku wasn't bringing up my USB Flash device, like before.

Assuming that this drive is not BFS formatted: All file systems but BFS are currently disabled due to internal API changes. Might be a while until they
are back.

'Tis a shame, but it shouldn't be too surprising. Haiku is still pre-alpha. Still maturing. And changes, both forth (added) and back (removed), are to be expected... even if they're not pleasant to endure. :-)

"But thesea back anda forth changes... theya maka me seasick!" <--- My bad attempt at sounding Italian... but that's ok, 'cause I *am* half-Italian. :-)

Latre!

Luposian