[haiku-development] USB HID Defines extended

  • From: "Juergen W" <x-otic@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 14:41:20 +0200

Hi everyone,

I spent some time to complete the defintions of HID USAGE PAGES and
HID USAGE IDs in "/trunk/headers/os/drivers/usb/USB_hid.h"
according to the "http://www.usb.org/developers/devclass_docs/hid1_11.pdf";
and "http://www.usb.org/developers/devclass_docs/hid1_11.pdf"; document.
Due to the large number of entries however,
the name prefixes of enum constants had to be reorganized somewhat
to facilitate consistency but still remain short.

That is, Usage Pages start with "HUP_"
instead of "HID_USAGE_PAGE_" now.

The Usage IDs start now with "HUID_<pagename>_",
where <pagename> is a short form of the Usage Page the ID is
subordinated to.

As far as I know USB_hid.h is used in just a few projects including the
  "/Haiku_Data/trunk/src/add-ons/kernel/drivers/input/usb_hid"
driver, which I also update to be compilable again.

Question is: Where do I put the patch? Should I create a new ticket?

ATM I am playing around with support for my Joypad.
If there is someone who could give advise or "ToDos" in that area,
I'd be interested to get involved.

Cheers,
  Juergen