[haiku-development] Re: System Bin Commands

  • From: pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2010 19:46:24 -0800

On Thu, Dec 02, 2010 at 09:55:38PM -0800, scott mc wrote:
> One of the suggested tasks for GCI was for a student to figure out
> what all of the command in B_SYSTEM_BIN_DIRECTORY were for:
> http://www.google-melange.com/gci/task/show/google/gci2010/haiku/t129115594728
> I have put the results into a wiki page, maybe this can somehow be
> added to the UserGuide?
> Anyways here's the link to the wiki page for those of you we didn't
> already know what these commands do.
> https://dev.haiku-os.org/wiki/SystemBinCommands

Nice -- glad to have that reference.  The only one he seems to have
missed out is:

  znew -- recompress .Z ('compress') files into .gz (gzip) files

Now, can you find someone to do the same with all those /boot/common/bin
files...? (:-/)  There now seem to be extra directories in there, too,
including a subsidiary 'bin' and an 'sbin'.  The occasional doc as well,
I see.

        -- Pete --