[haiku-development] Re: Switching back form yasm to nasm

  • From: Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 21:17:59 +0100

On 03/26/2014 09:05 PM, Jonathan Schleifer wrote:
So the question is: Replace yasm by nasm or just get rid of yasm?

Any of the alternatives is fine by me. I just think I remember we used some of the more advanced features of nasm/yasm that makes switching to gas harder. Ideally, the less build dependencies, the better. It's just a lot more work than simply switching back to nasm (I think even the Jam rules didn't change their name).

Bye,
   Axel.