[haiku-development] Re: Startup sound

  • From: Sean Collins <smc.collins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2016 22:05:09 +0000

pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi,
There's been some discussion on the Forum about making startup sounds
and such for Haiku.  This has turned up the fact that a certain fraction of
users are not able to hear any startup sound at all!

It works fine for me, on both a recent nightly (50180) and an older pre-PM
partition, but at least two people don't hear it.  Any enlightenment?

        -- Pete --

I have been thinking allot about sounds, and I started to build a library of sounds I had captured. Was curious what format I should use ? wav or some other format. I feel wav offers best performance and with such short samples should not be a heavy disk requirement maybe a few MB total.

I have been looking for a direction to go in for a few years and I think I finally have a good grasp on it. I will submit something in a few weeks, Pete if you interested I can setup a dropbox folder and we can throw track stems back and forth to collaborate on it.

Sean