[haiku-development] Re: Soundcard/soundrecording HDA question

  • From: Sean Collins <smc.collins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 18:41:54 -0400

Fredrik Modèen wrote:
Hi

I have some questions :)

Does Haiku have the means to record sound from a mic? Does Media Kit work
as it should when it comes to recording sound from mic?

The HDA driver does it has support for getting sound from mic? How far has
the driver come? Anything missing? I know that it probably is but anything
known that's not listed in trac. :)

I have a HDA that don't have this option, but I don't know if it's the
driver or the OS i should blame ;)

When I’m at it, do we support/have any soundcard with supported mic input?

I have a HDA audio chipset, works fine under haiku for record, BUT it only takes input from the rear of the board, the mic input on the front does not seem to work at all.

 Sean