[haiku-development] Re: Some thoughts on package management

  • From: looncraz <looncraz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2013 21:48:54 -0700

Is the removal of the B_COMMON_* really even needed or advisable?

Why not leave them and have them redirect to the new locations where common files may reside - even if there is more than one way to that path - that way minds can be changed in the future and there is less work now...

Personally, I was quite fond of the /boot/common/ idea for multiuser purposes, though I can certainly live without it... but I thought of it as a way for all users to share resources without them being embedded into system...

--The loon