[haiku-development] Re: Slow Haiku?

  • From: "scott mc" <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 17:01:02 -0700

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 4:44 PM, Urias McCullough <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 2008/9/10 scott mc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>:
>> Is it just me or did Haiku get really dog slow in the last couple of
>> weeks?  I was using a build from mid-August and just updated a couple
>> days ago and even as of r27400 it's been really really slow for me.  I
>> suspect something to do with the swap file, or perhaps I've messed up
>> my local build settings again?
>> By slow I mean things that used to take seconds now take minutes.
>
> I remember at some point you switched from the "ide" bus_manager to
> "ata" - was the "faster" build using the same one?

Yeah, I'm using the ata one, and it was also on the older build and
was faster then.  I did notice that it's also taking about twice as
long as it used to on boot up, stalling on the disk icon.  So it could
be due to recent changes to the ata drive I suppose.  This is the same
laptop that was talked about in ticket 1444.
-scottmc