[haiku-development] Sharing a class between a filesystem driver and an application

  • From: Brecht Machiels <brecht@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 23:04:43 +0100

Hi,

AssignFS would be useless without an "assign" command to set up assigns. I
wrote an Assign class to contain all information about one assign. This
subclasses BFlattenable so I can send objects of this type easily from assign
to the FS. Now that I'm removing all libbe and STL dependencies from my FS
code, I replaced BPath with KPath. But KPath is not available outside the
kernel, or is it? Of course BFlattenable had to go also, but I can stick to its
interface.

I suspect I will have to create two versions of the Assign class, one for the
FS driver (using KPath), and one for the assign command (using BPath)? Or is
there a better solution?

Thanks,
Brecht