[haiku-development] Re: Reloading BFS module

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 17:56:54 +0200 (CEST)

On May 21, 2012 at 2:27 PM Andreas Henriksson <sausageboy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm wondering if it's possible to reload the BFS driver code while the
> system is running? Rebooting can't be the best solution, can it?
>
> I'd be happy to hear how other developers handle this situation.

A few methods have already been mentioned.
Another method that I recently employed while implementing support for repairing
index B+trees was to add support for the feature to the bfs_shell, and then work
on an image. This has the shortest turn around times, and is rather convenient
to work with. Additionally, it will work on Haiku as well as on Linux, and does
not involve mounting.

HTH,

Bye,
   Axel.