[haiku-development] Re: Raspberry Pi - Was: Trying current status of ARM port on Raspberry Pi

  • From: Alexander von Gluck IV <kallisti5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Torsten Schlabach <tschlabach@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2012 10:39:30 -0600

On 2012-11-05 10:33 am, Torsten Schlabach wrote:
Hi kallisti5 / Alexander!

I've sent this to haiku-development as i'm not on the gmane haiku ports
mailing list (and it didn't seem like the right location for this.)

http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.os.haiku.ports.devel/1515

Thanks a lot for your detailled answer. Actually, I am a bit confused
about you mentioning GMane. I hate that site also. But GMane does NOT
run the Haiku Port's list, does it? And why is the ports-List a wrong
place for discussing a port?

Application ports, not Haiku architecture ports. You will also speak to
*way* more developers on haiku-development.  Speaking for myself,
i'm not subscribed to that list and don't have the bandwidth to follow
another mailing list :)

But to turn to a more fruitful subject:

Maybe tomorrow would be a good day to fire up the JTAG and see if we
can nail the MMU issues.

Could you? Could you use some help / give my friends and myself some
more pointers about what the problem around the MMU is and we could
see if we will be able to help?

Not at the moment. I've assumed the R1A4 Release coordinator position
for the moment, so no time :)

We're checking Gumstix and BegleBoard in the meanwhile. Just to find
out if they came over the MMU issue already and if we can lern
anything from that.

Sounds like a plan.. BeagleBoard would be the best choice now... Gumstix
is nice but limited given the newer / cheaper hardware out there.

 -- Alex