[haiku-development] Re: R1A4 *final* release date?

  • From: scottmc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2012 09:57:44 -0700

> Very soon? :)
>
> Maybe October 24th?  We need some time for testing, final last-second
> polish, etc.
>
> -- Alex

There are 2 or 3 open tickets for r1alpha4, perhaps these can be
reviewed and addressed in the next day or so and decided if they can
be quickly resolved or pushed out?  One is to get the anyboot image
size down to fit on a CD.  Perhaps it's time to start picking off some
packages that aren't required for live CD use?  I think Python is an
easy one or move out.

>And not to bang on the same drum but IMAP hasn't been addressed.

If there's a blocker issue with IMAP then the trac ticket should be
raised to a blocker level and marked as r1alpha4...

The release should then be 7-10 days after that last r1alpha4 ticket
is closed or pushed out.

-scottmc