[haiku-development] R1A2 Task: creating new screenshots get-haiku/installation-guide

  • From: Matt Madia <mattmadia@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 00:25:00 +0000

Greetings. Tonight, I'm looking over the website, trying to document
which bits need to be updated for the release.
I'll try to detail it enough so that it's easier for someone to step
up. There'll be a few more similar emails as the night goes on.

This task is up for the taking.

Some screenshots need to be refreshed for
http://www.haiku-os.org/get-haiku/installation-guide
(note for later: "A standard install of Haiku requires about 600MB of
disk space," --> 650MB or so)

Here's the images that need to be updated or newly created:
        ReadOnlyPrompt / Locale prompts
        Installer -- all
        Haiku Boot Loader -- all
        First Boot - Desktop iirc, the UserGuide is now on the Desktop.

For getting the haiku-leaf on the disk icon, you can either:
 * build your own image and
  # Uncomment in official release branch.
  HAIKU_DEFINES += HAIKU_OFFICIAL_RELEASE ;
  TARGET_DEFINES += HAIKU_OFFICIAL_RELEASE ;
 * or manually apply the HVIF icon from
http://svn.haiku-os.org/haiku/haiku/trunk/data/artwork/icons/Device_Harddisk_boot

I'm not sure where/how to provide these.

--mmadia