[haiku-development] Re: R1 alpha 2 final countdown : but....

  • From: "Ithamar R. Adema" <ithamar.adema@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 May 2010 21:03:29 +0100

Nickos V wrote:
( see tickets 4408,5539,5696,5720)
I looked over those tickets quickly.

Those would be hard to resolve without
debug information of some type.  Either
serial or syslog.
<snip>
I recently got a Samsung NP-N135 netbook in my possession, which resets before being able to enter the boot menu. So far, all I have figured out is that it is crashing in the edid_dump function, it seems the returned EDID is invalid or decoded badly....

Will continue hunting this down, don't know if this is the same issue as the others, but it seems that it is one of the few (potentially problematic, and hw depended) things that happen before the boot menu becomes available .....

HTH,

Ithamar.