[haiku-development] Re: Public RWLocker

  • From: Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2015 09:21:16 +0100

Am 15.12.2015 um 07:14 schrieb Adrien Destugues:

On Mon, Dec 14, 2015 at 10:07:27PM -0600, looncraz wrote:
Howdy *,

I was playing around with some code this evening on Haiku and was just
wondering if there was anyone against moving RWLocker (found in MediaPlayer
and Icon-o-Matic) into private/support. Being able to use this in some
private areas of the interface kit (related to animation in this case) - and
undoubtedly in other places - would be quite useful, IMHO.

If it's already used by two apps, moving it to private (and the BPrivate
namespace) sounds fine. Copypasted code is never a good thing.

It's probably even used in more places. Ingo wrote it and I think it originates from NetFS, which is a UserlandFS Server add-on. So, I'm all for moving it to a common place like private/support.

Best regards,
-Stephan