[haiku-development] Problem with gcc4 vm

  • From: vp <vogon_poetry@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 23:15:30 -0400

Just to let y'all know, I got the following error while trying to use the gcc4 VMWare from http://haiku-files.org/vm/

"Cannot check for the existence of an old redo log for disk 'haiku-alpha-gcc4.vmdk'.  Failed to configure disk ide0:0.  The virtual machine cannot be powered on with an unconfigured disk."

It's discussed here:

http://www.haiku-os.org/community/forum/help_installing_haiku_under_vmware

And the solution described there - changing the filename of the .vmdk to "haiku-alpha.vmdk" and also changing it within the .vmx file - worked for me.

So I'm all set but I'm wondering if others might run into the same problem... I'm guessing maybe that the filename is being changed before it's zipped and uploaded?

vp