[haiku-development] Please don't require cmd:gcc / cmd:g++ in recipes

  • From: Jonathan Schleifer <js-haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2014 22:42:41 +0100

… and use cmd:cc / cmd:c++ instead.

The reason is that currently, each of our recipes depends on GCC, even though
I'm sure many could be built with Clang. GCC already provides cc and c++, and
so could Clang do. New platforms could theoretically be Clang only (I'm
considering doing that for PPC, as our GCC is currently giving problems there)
and this would also make using Clang easier (if we want to go that route -
maybe this is something we should vote on).

--
Jonathan