[haiku-development] [PROPOSAL] Externalize Cortex

  • From: Augustin Cavalier <waddlesplash@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2014 13:53:52 -0400

Currently, Cortex is an in-tree app [1]. With the advent of package
management, there's no real reason for this, and the history of the
original Cortex repo [2] was lost on import to Haiku.

I propose to move Cortex to HaikuArchives and include it via a default
package. I'll preserve history via git-cvsimport and then manually rebasing
Haiku's patches on top of this so we get both sets of history in the new
Git repo. I've already added a few Haiku developers to HaikuArchives; any
others who want admin access I can do that too.

[1]: http://cgit.haiku-os.org/haiku/tree/src/apps/cortex
[2]: http://cortex.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/cortex/

-Augustin