[haiku-development] Re: Override system file with hpkg

  • From: looncraz <looncraz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 18:53:10 -0800

On 1/31/2014 17:48, Matt Madia wrote:

> I've been trying to replace the system Deskbar with my own, but haven't found a way to make that work.

Blacklist the system deskbar and install your own (either as a self made package or copy the files to a non-packaged folder)

https://www.haiku-os.org/guides/daily-tasks/blacklist-packages

Okay... didn't see this before :-/ Not exactly the most discoverable or obvious solution.

That should work fine I suppose.

I hope the blacklist is ignored in safe mode, that seems like a pretty big place where things can go wrong (like blacklisting the kernel :-p or drivers...).

--The loon