[haiku-development] Re: Outsourcing more command line apps to optionalpacakges

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 23:09:53 +0200

scott mc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> As part of fixing ticket 1894 (http://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/1894) I
> was thinking this might be the time to move some of the commandline
> apps out to optionalpackages like we did with sed awhile back.
> Some of the packages that could be outsourced are:
[...]
> Any others?

wget comes to mind. If we ever decide to make libbsd.so's header public,
we could also outsource a lot more.

> Should we move them soon or wait awhile still?

I agree with Ingo that, if we do a release in the future, we should
wait with this until after the release has been made, as I could imagine
that some changes/configurations get lost or cause new problems.

Bye,
   Axel.