[haiku-development] Re: Optimizing Painter::_DrawBitmapBilinearCopy32 (was: Re: ShowImage patch)

  • From: Christian Packmann <Christian.Packmann@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 12:50:50 +0100

Axel Dörfler - 2009-03-11 23:49 :
Christian Packmann <Christian.Packmann@xxxxxx> wrote:
But if the clipping rectangles get very small horizontally, the vector routines will perform worse than the C++ code due to the overhead of the function call and internal setup. If you think this will be a problem, I'll change the scope of the routine to include the y-loop.

You could still just fall back to a C++ only version in this case.
As Rene pointed out, we can't get rid of that one anyway :-)

Eh, of course. Just check if the horizontal width of a clipping rect is smaller than, say, 10 pixels, and use the C/++ code then. Thanks. :)

Christian