[haiku-development] Re: OSS hangs during boot on Delta

  • From: Doug Shelton <doug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 06:30:36 -0800

I also have a Delta Audiophile card here, but the mobo BIOS disables the onboard sound when an external card is inserted, so I do not experience a crash like this. I have tried the ice1712 (delta) driver but it is not useable at the moment because there doesn't seem to be a way to specify the card's output mode in the Media prefs. The card defaults to 24-bit/96KHz operation; Haiku to 16/44.1. Sound is distorted. The same driver works well under BeOS or Zeta because somehow they manage to display an output mode option. They also include more sophisticated (and therefore useable) output resampling algorithms. Lack of Delta support is one of the few things keeping me from using Haiku as my main OS.