[haiku-development] Re: Network Preferences protocol icon

  • From: Alexander von Gluck IV <kallisti5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2015 14:40:48 -0500

On , Axel Dörfler wrote:

Am 09/06/2015 um 18:32 schrieb Humdinger (Redacted sender
humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx for DMARC):
I'm not sure we need icons for protocols. It looks a bit too cramped.
Next thing you know, people come up with icons for such abstracts as
"DNS settings" and FTP and Telnet servers... :)

I wouldn't even mind icons for the servers (if there are any), but I
think it's overkill (visually and everything) to have icons for the
protocols.

The issue there is the lack of icons on protocols means the network
preferences applet wouldn't be consistent if icons were added to services.

Anyway, nobody seems very enthused about the protocol icons so I'm not
going to push that commit upstream.

Thanks!

-- Alex