[haiku-development] Re: Need some input for design decisions for continuous integration script

  • From: Matt Madia <mattmadia@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 04:48:56 +0000

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 01:46, Ingo Weinhold<ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx> wrote:
>> I certainly don't want to be shooting emails to one of our lists with
>> many subscribers --- haiku, haiku-development, etc.
>> Using the commits list crossed my mind, as did creating a dedicated
>> mailing list.
>
> IMHO the commit list would be perfect.

Any preference regarding what information and how to send it?

At the extreme, a fresh configure log is about 2mb, as is a fresh jam log.
Compressing it with zip brings it down to about 100kb.

The information that I could currently present is:
architecture[-gcc], jam target, current revision, last known good
revision for that combination, commands used, a log-file for
configure, a log-file for each jam target.

Right now, the logfiles are generated with stderr being redirected to stdout.
i could try logging them separately... maybe the stderr log is the
only log that's really needed.

--mmadia