[haiku-development] Re: Need some advice on motherboards

  • From: Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2014 17:34:52 +0200

Hi Thomas,

Am 01.08.2014 04:48, schrieb Thomas Mueller:
Anybody know if FM2 A88 motherboards work with Haiku?  I know A85s work,
but those seem to be getting phased out.  I posted this to the main
Haiku list but no bites.  Pretty urgent need if anybody has any
insights.

I am rather new to Haiku, so might have missed your earlier post for that
reason.
I have two MSI motherboards with Intel CPU, believe FM2 is for AMD.
One thing to watch for is the onboard Ethernet or wi-fi chip, some of these
might be not supported.
Some onboard wi-fi chips are (quasi)-USB, and I don't think Haiku supports any
USB wi-fi yet.
My knowledge in the area of motherboard idiosyncrasies is limited.

just pointing out there is no need to reply if you can't provide an answer. Otherwise the signal to noise ratio would soon get very bad on a mailing list with many participants.

Best regards,
-Stephan