[haiku-development] Re: Media kit questions

  • From: "Jimmy" <jimmy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2012 09:13:18 -0400

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad

On Oct 20, 2012 5:16 AM, fredrik@xxxxxxxxx <fredrik@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Don't remember. As it's Personalstudio and we don't have the source I did't do more with it.

Could be a bad version av Libmedia.

Are you doing it with gcc4 or gcc2? Check that the command setgcc also have the same librarys. I know One time I was building gcc4 but the library in boot\developer\lib (think it's that location.. on Windows 7 now :))

On Fri Oct 19 21:45 , AndrewZ <hudsonco1@xxxxxxx> sent:

Fredrik ModÃen writes:

> > Hi Fredrik,
> >
> > 2012/1/28 Fredrik ModÃen :
> >> If you try to load a media plugin
> >> (/boot/system/add-ons/media/plugins/ffmpeg)
> >> and get PluginManager: Error, load_add_on(): Symbol not found
> >> what would that suggest?
> >
> > A bad version of libmedia.so or libbe.so is used. If you're trying to
> > run a current plugin on an older Haiku install, this could be a reason
> > for this error.
> Can it be that personalstudio are gcc2 and my systen was gcc4 hybrid?
> testing with a gcc2 hybrid now :)

Fredrik,

Did you find a solution to loading ffmpeg? I am working on a media application
and I have the same problem. R1A3 42211.

Thanks,
Andrew

Just a note, if you run personalstudio from a terminal, you can see the calls to the media kit that are not yet implemented