[haiku-development] Re: Maximum VMWare image size

  • From: Urias McCullough <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 May 2014 17:02:43 -0700

On Thu, May 8, 2014 at 2:26 PM, Joseph Prostko <joe.prostko@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> left.  I'm not sure why so much disk space was consumed compared to
> when I built on my GCC2 and GCC4 VMs, but it certainly happened, and
> so I'm asking if everyone is cool if we bump the max image size to
> something like 8 GB.

Not sure if it's related - but keep in mind that HaikuPorter will, by
default, rebuild all dependent packages that it finds newer recipes
for than you have installed. So if there has been a lot of revisions
to package recipes, without them being rebuilt and uploaded for use in
the nightlies, it can sometimes add up to a huge number of packages
that need to be built in addition to the one you need.

- Urias