[haiku-development] Re: Mail enchancements and query work.

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 12:48:47 -0500

On Sat, Dec 19, 2009 at 7:39 AM, JD Guzman <lostinthecode@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have already submitted a patch for ticket #2446 on trac.

The patch looks pretty good, I'll see about applying it and testing it out.

> I have come
> across tickets #5140 & #5141 and, unless someone else is doing it, would
> like the opportunity to tackle both of those.

Those look like interesting and useful tickets so feel free. I'm sure
Humdinger will be happy. It might be nice to try to tackle those in
smaller pieces to make the patching and review process easier.

> Are there any objections?  I realize I am new to the project but I'm
> eager to help where I can.  Until I get more familiar with the Haiku
> code base I would like to focus on addressing issues of this sort.  Most
> of my experience is in custom business applications, however, I have
> also contributed on another project to their implementation of ext2.

These are definitely good issues for newcomers and even if some of us
"oldtimers" wanted to tackle them, we mostly don't have the time :)

--
Regards,
Ryan