[haiku-development] Looking to contribute to Haiku OS...

  • From: "Guillaume Ardaud - Haiku" <haiku.poissonpilote@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 02:21:36 +0200

Hello everyone,

I've been meaning to contribute at my level to Haiku OS.
I read the "Getting Started" documents on the website, and I have installed
the required development tools as well as compiled the source code (I use
debian).

Now I would like to get into the Haiku project, so I hope some of you will
be able to give me a few pointers.
I'm a student in first year of software engineering in France (I speak
fluently both french and english). I can program in C and Ada fairly well (I
reckon), and I know a bit about 68k assembly and python. At the moment
however, I have no or very little knowledge of object oriented programming,
even though I'm willing to learn about that.

In general, I am interested about graphics programming (I know a bit about
the SDL) as well as Artificiall Intelligence. I also enjoy usability in
general (reading and implementing Human Interface Guidelines does not bother
me). However, I'd be fully willing to work on something else, and even
though these fields interest me, I am not an expert in these.

I hope you guys can tell me what I can do to help, which teams are needing
developers, etc.  I can spend roughly 5-15 hours per week into development,
however that is a very broad estimation and is prone to fluctuate.

Thanks in advance for your answers :)

Guillaume 'Poisson Pilote' Ardaud