[haiku-development] Lacking the ohci driver prevents ps/2 mouse and keyboard from working

  • From: salierix <salierix@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 23:09:51 -0600

A few days ago I posted ticket #1891 explaining that I had no mouse or
keyboard input in Haiku on real hardware. Well after
compiling/installing/booting about 20+ different revisions I finally tracked
the problem all the way to r22521 (http://dev.haiku-os.org/changeset/22521)
from 5 months ago. For some reason lacking the ohci driver prevents my ps/2
mouse and keyboard from working and so adding it to the current revision
completely fixes the problem.

Does anyone have an idea about what could be going on here? How could not
having the ohci driver on the image cause any problems with ps/2?

Later,
~salierix