[haiku-development] Re: Keymap update

  • From: "Yashasvi A.C." <yashasviac@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 09:51:54 +1300

Hi,

I am currently doing my Masters of Engineering degree at the University of
Auckland, and I am doing my thesis under Christof Lutteroth and Gerald
Weber. The topic of the thesis is to produce a dynamically generated help
menu which provides help to the user based on his experience level and his
actions.

I am using Haiku as the base platform to implement the help feature. The
design concept is to attach a few snippets to some of the widgets in the
layout and produce a whole sentence based on the widgets that have been
clicked.

I just built Haiku on Ubuntu and am opening Haiku through the VMWare virtual
machine. I have a few questions that I wanted to ask:
(1) How do you intercept messages between the App. Server and the
application?
(2) How do you intercept messages between and within applications?

By messages, I mean the events that are triggered when something happens to
a widget. Is it possible to catch those messages when its being handled by
the Application Server? If so, how?

If these messages can be captured, then, I would be able to continue with
the analysis of how the sentence can be produced and so on.

Thanks for your help.

Yash