[haiku-development] Re: Kernel panic while wget -ing large files - BFS bug?

  • From: "Euan Kirkhope" <euan.kirkhope@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 20:16:36 +0100

On 29/06/07, Pieter Panman <pieter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hey,

Been away from BeOS for a long time, but I still follow the Haiku progress.
I'm impressed at the work you've done so far.

I tried out the networking a bit from within VMWare player 2.0.0 build-45731
First I created a large bfs volume in BeOSMax (with drivesetup), which I
then use in VMWare player. (see
http://haiku-os.org/community/forum/larger_bfs_harddrive_images_for_vmware_p
layer)

When I try to download a file of 700 MB using wget, it crashes after a few
seconds. Files of around 10 mb are okay...
The files are served with apache on the host computer.

Error: "PANIC: vm_allocate_page: out of memory! page state = 4"
I also get "Disabling DMA because of too many errors", maybe it is related.

So either it is a networking issue, or a hdd issue. I'm using the e1000
network device in vmware.

I'm not sure if this is already an existing bug. If so, I can submit it. If
you need more information, let me know. I don't have a build environment.
(yet)...

Pieter

most likely it's a prob with the lack of a proper virtual memory manager.