[haiku-development] Re: Intel Enhanced Speedstep Driver

  • From: Clemens Zeidler <clemens.zeidler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 17:39:50 +0100

Hi Axel,

sorry for the late reply, started a new job this week....

Yes, although one can problably slightly improve the support of the OS
for frequency changes. Since the exact frequencies should be known, one
could, for example, compute the change factor directly, instead of
measuring it again (which is pretty expensive).
I fear I don't will look into it in the near furure....

One minor thing for the next patch: it would be simpler if this would
be an actual patch against the repository (with path names instead of
just the file names); this way the "Jamfile" changes need to be done
manually, as finding the correct place and name for the files. Also,
ok I to take this to heart.
Thanks for the commit. I'm pleased if somebody with a supported cpu like to test the driver/ pref app and give feedback.

there are a few coding style violations, but nothing too bad :-)
just looked into your corrections :-)

bye,
        Clemens