[haiku-development] Re: Implementing vm_page functions

  • From: Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2017 09:16:21 +0200

Am 21/07/2017 um 00:21 schrieb Vivek Roy:

Trying to implement linux/dma-mapping.h (dma == direct memory access), I went on to implementing mm.h (mm == memory map), and hence to vm_page.h The following vm_page functions have been used by FreeBSD's mm.h implementation (not yet implemented at least directly in Haiku's existing vm_page.h):

In general, FreeBSD's VM is much closer to Haiku's than the one from Linux. So it's probably the best way to look at FreeBSD's Linux compatibility layer first. I don't think there is a counterpart for everything you listed, but I also don't think that everything will actually be needed either.

There is no documentation of Haiku's VM besides the source. I'm not sure Ingo remembers the specifics, but I clearly don't much. I could only point you to src/system/kernel/vm/vm.cpp and vm_page.cpp, and look there if you find functions that work similar to the ones the FreeBSD uses there.
If you have more specific questions, I'm sure we can help you further, though.

Bye,
   Axel.