[haiku-development] I am over-committed

  • From: "Michael Crawford" <mdcrawford@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 10:59:35 -0700

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 5:56 AM, Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> (just don't put too much on your plate at once)

That's a huge problem for me - I am always starting new projects,
which means I rarely finish any of them.

I've been meaning to post to the list about this.  As much as I am
eager to help with the development of Haiku itself, and
specificallywith  two-machine debugging over FireWire as was
requested, I'm afraid that for now I'm going to have to focus
specifically on shipping my own product Ogg Frog.

I started it back in the Fall of 2005, but development has been
delayed by many life events.  The result is that Ogg Frog and I have
become the butt of jokes at Kuro5hin.

I'm hoping to release Ogg Frog's Alpha by January.  After I release
the final 1.0 version I will definitely contribute to Haiku's own
code.

However, I definitely *will* test Ogg Frog on Haiku as I work on it.
I expect that bugs in Haiku will likely exhibit themselves as bugs in
Ogg Frog.  If that happens, I'll do my best to submit a patch to Haiku
that fixes it; failing that, I'll file a bug report with test case
code that exhibits the bug,

Mike
--
Michael David Crawford
mdcrawford at gmail dot com

   Enjoy my art, photography, music and writing at
http://www.geometricvisions.com/
        --- Free Compact Disc ---