[haiku-development] Re: Help reading text file.

  • From: Andreas Färber <andreas.faerber@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2008 14:57:51 +0200

Am 03.08.2008 um 14:15 schrieb Axel Dörfler:

Andreas Färber <andreas.faerber@xxxxxx> wrote:
I'm trying to read one line at a time from a joystick description
text
file (/boot/home/config/settings/joysticks).

I have some code that nearly works but not close enough as it
contains
text that are not shown as text but square.
Maybe your square is \r? I'd assume Haiku to have \r\n newlines, and
don't see a check for stripping \r.

Haiku definitely only has '\n' as newlines. Of course, the text files
might have been edited on Windows, and be garbled that way.

Ouch, I've been spending too much time with my parser for a Windows text file format, it seems...

Andreas