[haiku-development] Re: Help needed with the unit testing framework

  • From: Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 11:46:56 +0200

Hi,

Am 28.07.2014 10:04, schrieb pulkomandy:
The methods are virtual, and the signature of the override is the
matching. They both have protected visibility, which should be fine. So
I don't understand why the overriden methods are never called. Do you
have an idea what the problem is? I probably missed something obvious
but I can't see the issue...

where are the methods being called from? From within the constructor of BTestShell? If yes, I think it could be the problem: At that moment, the constructor of UnitTesterShell has not completed, and the object is not (yet) considered of type UnitTesterShell. Don't know if I explained it in the right terms.

Best regards,
-Stephan