[haiku-development] Re: Headphone Jacksense support for AD1981B chipset

  • From: "Hüseyin Erdemir" <herdemir@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 23:25:42 +0300

Hi Jérôme,

thanks for your reply.

I applied your patch  and at first it did give me compilation error about
undeclared 'id'. After fixing it, it was working fine with checking
subvendor/subproduct condition on my laptop. But this time you cant control
Master Volume. My aim was to use one slider for Master and Headphone volume,
like in windows. I checked also in OSS drivers that they update both Master
and Headphone registers with the same Volume controller. So i tried to apply
the same thing here but i think it is not efficient to use a small hack like
previous patch, since i couldn't find a way to update 2 register with the
same slider.

So I just enabled "Aux Out" for the time being and renamed as "Headphone" in
source_info.(Change it i you don't find appropriate). Actually i doesn't
matter now since i realized later that Master Output in Audio Mixer (not
AC97 MIXER) has the last authority in volume changes. So just a working
Headphone jacksense is enough.

Bye,
Hüseyin