[haiku-development] Re: Haiku search is limited?

  • From: "François Revol" <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2008 04:22:36 +0100 CET

> Cabral Bandeira wrote:
> > Hi everybody.
> >
> > On Mac:
> >
> > http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/3253/imagem3qg2.png
> >
> > Nome: = name
> > Caminho: = place
> >
> > Now search Boston on Haiku:
> >
> > http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/558/imagem2yu2.png
> >
> Hi, it took me some time to understand what you were trying to do :-)
>
> Queries don't look inside files, what you want to use is the
> TextSearch
> addon. (right click on a folder -> addons -> TextSearch)
> I had to uncheck the 'Text Files Only" preference to find Boston
> though!
> (bug?)

Haiku's search system is just not as integrated as Spotlight, which
searches everywhere by default. However it's about the only difference,
Spotlight actually copied much from BeOS Queries (including the formula
syntax)...

It's just an open 3rd party opportunity to write a better interface.
(hint)

François.