[haiku-development] HAIKU ALPHA POSTS

  • From: Nick <tonestone57@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 14:44:14 -0600

We should try to focus on posts related to Alpha Release only.

If posts are not Alpha related then a response similar to:

"Thanks for your post.  Though your comment is appreciated - we currently are
focusing on topics directly related to Haiku Alpha release.  Please re-post
your comment after the Alpha release.  That way we may discuss it further at a
later time."

This hopefully will keep everyone on track and stop these discussions.

I am guilty with my Mounted Volumes post - sorry, but also same thing happened
with the Keymaps & Command Key thread, etc..  Both of which were better
discussed after Alpha release.

Also, I and Urias tend to answer most user support posts on the forums and
sometimes we do not have the answers so we re-direct people to the mailing
lists.  Imagine what would happen if you had more & more people joining the
lists and posting.  Right now the forums are fairly quiet but it would be
appreciated ( and better for you guys ) if devs could check the forums once or
twice a week & reply when no one else can provide a good answer.

I actually think that users should not have to join the mailing lists to get
help and something you do not want to happen anyways.  Better to keep most
users on the forums.

Regards, Nick

Excuse the capitals - wanted this post to stand out & be read by everyone.

Try Chicktionary, a game that tests how many words you can form from the
letters given. Find this and more puzzles at Live Search Games!
http://g.msn.ca/ca55/207