[haiku-development] GSoc 2010: File system cache or Kernel as userland process

  • From: Nitish Sharma <sharmanitishdutt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 03:05:06 +0100

Hi all !
I am a Computer science masters student and highly interested in making
contribution to Haiku operating system. I have good experience in C and a
brief stint with C++ and Java. I have experience in GNU/Linux kernel
development and right now working on Android kernel development.
While browsing through Gsoc 2010 Haiku ideas and open tickets, these two
tickets interested me the most: http://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/1070 and
http://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/1102 . I believe it would be a good
experience to work on a non-Linux kernel and Haiku is the perfect platform
(& best maintained) for that.
Please guide me that what would make a good GSoc project: File system cache
or kernel as userland process. Any suggested reading?
Moreover, considering my experience, if you think some other project is more
demanding, for the current state of Haiku, and aligned to my skill set, then
please do let me know.
I hope I'll be able to make a significant contribution to Haiku.

Regards
Nitish